Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Niece Invaders

The Hassler Girls came to stay with us for two days. I tried to pack it full of fun. When Jason saw them he said, "Hi, Niece invaders!" Here's a run down of what we did...

Breakfast


Time to play outside and choose rocks.





Heidi put a bow in this dolls hair and carried it around most of the day. It was especially cute while she played soccer and walked barefoot over rocks. The perfect combo of Girly Girl and Tom Boy.






Painting rocks. I think Ethan missed the orientation.


A little Choose-Your-Own-Adventure Time

Hmmmm.....I wonder what McKenzie and Hailey are up to? There they are!



Duck, Duck, Goose! Somehow we ended up with a lot more geese than ducks.

After lunch, some more Choose-Your-Own-Adventure. Mine happened to be laundry.


Two things that made me extremely happy:

1) Elisa said that Alexa was so excited to come because "Amy has chocolate chip cookies"

2) Hailey asked me if they could have McKenzieHaileyHeidi Time

Here we are making everyone's dreams come true as the younger four take naps.

This picture, the one right exactly HERE that you don't see, is me sleeping. Yes, I took a nap while the above three had quiet time upstairs. Nice! Then I woke up and quickly got my scavenger hunt messages written and hidden. McKenzie and I had alread planned the prize during a previous McKenzie Time.
Searching and searching.....


Surprise! Tickets for a movie night. They can be redeemed for "Movie, popcorn, candy and fun!"

But not 'til after dinner. But not 'til after prayers. I think this is the cutest picture ever.


Cookies outside while I clean up. (There is no limit to how much sugar you can have during cousin over-nighters).


Now get out the candy and let the party begin! Can you see Asher? Love it. Here's an interesting thing about Asher. He's tender-hearted and if he gets hurt - even a tiny bit - he wails, milking the sympathy for all it's worth. However, this does not apply to the lovesac. No matter how hard he falls off that thing, he laughs. It's a ride.
Jason's home! He took Ethan out to see the cement mixer. What a thoughtful father!


The party progresses. This was my favorite part. I had so many fun times watching movies all night with my cousins growing up! I love that they're getting old enough to do this kind of thing.


The next morning we had pancakes with our initials - by request. I'm not great at getting the color to show up on these. Maybe I like my pancakes to dark? They were happy though. That's all that matters.


Yet another Choose-Your-Own-Adventure! This is the wonderful thing about having cousins come play. They think of their own things to do and they entertain eachother! I could have sat on the couch with a book.

This was cute. They got out all the stuffed animals and set up a pet shop. They found tons of hair ribbons and put one around the head of each animal. Then they bought animals from eachother with the cash register.


McKenzieHaileyHeidi Time day 2. We made a butterfly with two pieces of wax paper and crayon shavings between them. Iron it all together (with a paper over the top of it all, of course) and viola!
Right after dinner, I went to the Relief Society Broadcast/Dinner while Jason held down the fort for 2 1/2 hours. Relaxing. I ate salad, sandwiches, cookies, more sandwiches, more salad, more cookies, more cookies, chatted, and was spiritually fed. I got home right when Elisa and Bruce arrived to claim their children. We love you, Hailey, Heidi, Alexa, and Ashley! We're looking forward to your next invasion.

7 comments:

Ashlie said...

Seriously, you are awesome!

Bruce said...

No wonder they always get so excited to come have sleepovers at your house. Maybe next time we will have to have the Daddy go on the business trip by himself and ALL us girls will come! ;)

P.S. I love that Ashley ends up in her diaper at your house too. Thanks for making her feel at home! :)

simplycreating said...

Ohh man I miss cousin movie sleepover nights. Lets have a do over and start again. You are so incredible. When can my kids come?

Benedict said...

Amy! Way to go SUPER MOM! You win the award for most…most…everything wonderful! Come and teach me how to work the magic you did for a few days! You ARE Awesome!!

Hilary said...

What a great aunt! Amazing. I love seeing the pictures of your home. It looks beautiful.

At Home! said...

I wish we lived closer, I need to come to the next invader party thing! That looks like fun!
I really like the butterfly artwork and the pancakes! If I bring the movie: PollyAnna, can we start all over again?! :)

Ashley said...

Awesome! That sounds like fun! Way to be proactive! :) Yesterday I learned about being a proactive rather than a reactive parent, so WAY TO GO! I'm glad you had a fun time!