Ethan has me wrapped around his little finger. However, I have him wrapped around mine, too. So it works. Here's an example: He escaped from his room last night with three vehicles. One apparently had a "dody" mouth and he wanted to wash it off (a.k.a. - he wanted to play in the sink for awhile). I told him "No, just put the car down on the floor and go get back in bed". He thought a minute and said, in the most enthusiastically quiet angelic voice, "O.k., Mom! O.k." Instead of dropping his car where he was, he came to me and situated the car ever so gently on the floor under my arms (his way of acting like he's obeying while finding a way to come to me and stay up a little longer). He has discovered that the kinder he is, the longer he can delay the inevitable. You have to hear how soft, airy, happy and sweet his voice can get as he peers so innocently into my eyes. So funny! But, he still obeys pretty good. He didn't make a run for the sink even though he was a foot away from it, and he did take himself to his bed. I didn't even have to move - just talk to him (at least until the next time he escaped). We are quite the pair. I hope we'll always be good buds.
A little fun before bedtime
Is it bad to take a picture while they're praying? I figured once wouldn't hurt. I thought about how Heavenly Father probably loves to watch and listen to children talk to Him. I find myself squinting one eye open while they pray 'cuz they're so cute! Asher just started clasping his hands together the way Ethan does. He can hardly get his chubby fingers around eachother and yet somehow he squishes two fingers between two. The reacurring question in my mind: "How can you enjoy all of this enough before it's gone? - and amidst the craziness of it at times?" I don't know. I guess in a way we can be grateful for the bad, difficult moments of childhood - otherwise we'd all go into a depression when it ended. I'm so glad that every stage comes with enough good to enjoy it and enough bad to let it go when it's time - hopefully.



4 comments:
What a cutie! I love the picture of him getting ready to sleep with his trucks. What a boy!
Yep, I blog stalk you Amy. I had to comment on your darling prayer pictures and your comment about enjoying the good and bad times. I feel so much the same and am trying to soak up all those darling moments while I can! Your kids are so sweet!
Love the trains! I remember when my little Ben would go to bed, he would tuck all his trains to sleep by his head. It was a shrine of trains on his pillow. :)
Your kids are blessed to have a Mom like you!
Post a Comment