Sunday, September 14, 2008

Choo Choo-t !!!



Jason heard about the Frontrunner in Ogden and knew that Ethan had to ride that train. They also have a museum there. My heart pitter-patters when Jason plans adventures for us to experience together. Jason's sister, Kristie, and some of her children came with us. Ethan was seriously ecstatic on the ride: bouncing on seats, forcing cousin Maddy to squish her bum next to him on the seat, hanging off the seat on his tummy.... He couldn't have been more happy. The people around us, on their way home from a typical work-day, could not have known, understood, or appreciated the dreams that were being lived by that 2-year-old. Unfortunately a very hungry and tired Asher was not so impressed. We had to get off the train early and ditch the fabulous company of Kristie and crew to meet back up with them later at their house. They continued on to pick up Lyndi and Ashley (more cousins) in Salt Lake for Karsyn's 5th birthday party. McKenzie had so much fun at the party where she miniature golfed, took some swings at a pinata and ate good food. Thank you, Kristie. What a great day had by all - except Asher. But, if I looked this cute mad, I'd try to be mad more often too (notice the exit sign).



P.S. Do you love to hate people who look amazing at any moment no matter the poor timing of the photographer who takes the blurry picture? Well then, meet Kristie. She's beautiful and doesn't know it. Oops, now she does. No matter - she'll still be down-to-earth, with a fabulous sense of humor and one of the most generous people I know. Do you hate her more? Me too - at least I would if I could ... but I can't.



By the end of our ride, Ethan was sleepy too, but content, - like he was floating on a cloud in train heaven.



And finally, can we say "Camera Happy"? Dear Santa, I'm acquiring a need for photoshop a little more each day.





























I just remembered one more thing that I had to add so I will never ever forget it. McKenzie stayed over-night at Kristie's house for the party and then they brought her to us the next day. While she was away, Ethan kept saying "Where's Din-dane" ("Din-dane", believe it or not, means "Kenzie"). One time he even said "watch Jay Jay with Din-dane?" When she arrived, he was so excited! He just kept saying her name over and over and over and pointing at her and hugging her with the hugest smile. Man, where was my video camera? I'm so angry that these moments slip by so quickly and that tomorrow he'll be saying "Mckenzie" like a dignified human being. No. Stop. Everyone just hold still and don't breath for a second.

3 comments:

Kristin Wilkerson said...

Very cute! I want to take Caleb on it. He would think it was the cooles thing EVER!

Benedict said...

Cute! CUTE KIDS! I guess I can take some credit, I am their aunt. I know, not by blood but... still.

Rachel said...

OHHH! Coool, I totally want to take my kids on the Frontrunner, it looks awesome! What a fun day!