Tuesday, July 22, 2008

Rice Art

McKenzie and I made rice pictures the other day. It was lots of fun and the texture looked pretty awesome. If you want to try it out, take 1/2 C. of rice and mix it with 5 drops of food coloring and 1/2 tsp. of vinegar then bake it at 200 degrees for 45 minutes. Draw pictures with elmers glue. The fun part is piling the rice onto the glue and then revealing the pictures as you dump the extra rice back into the cups. Fun!

5 comments:

jaredelizabeth said...

Crafts give me hives, but that one actually looks really fun. I love the finished products.

Ashlie said...

Wow, you are so clever. I'm going to try that. My boys are young enough I don't think a little colored rice art will offend their sensibilities yet. ;)

Hilary said...

What a great idea! Thanks for sharing. I will definitely be trying it out.

At Home! said...

I wanta do that! What a great idea!

Rachel said...

That is so cute!!! What a good idea! And I want to play so I'll call you tomorrow!!