O.k., yes, I have an obsessive amount of posts lately. But, this is my journal. This is it. And I'm completely consumed by the fact that my kids are growing at whirlwind speeds. They won't be little for much longer and as much as I'm excited to watch them grow, I don't want them to grow. Last night Asher woke up crying. I snuggled with him, completely aware of his weight, his chubbiness and his breathing noises, in attempts to memorize what it feels like to hold a cuddly 10-month-old. The best feeling! So, this is the only way I can think to keep them little.....tons of pictures.....trying not to admit to myself that it won't work....no, it will work. It will. They will always need me. They will always be looking up at me, saying funny things. They will always have cute little fingers and toes. They will always want piggyback rides. They will always grab my hand to pull me somewhere. They will always pat the seat next to them to invite me to watch cartoons.
.jpg)
We are currently at the end of the development and gutter, so we have a perfect mud puddle that collects at the corner of our driveway. I remember as a child that the rain collected into a huge puddle at the end of our driveway as well. We had some fun times in that rain puddle. I love when I can relive my own childhood memories through my children. I think my childhood rain puddle must be part of the reason I love rain so much? I'm not quite sure. But, there's nothing that immediately boosts my mood the way rain does. Pessimism turns into optimism and happiness turns into pure exuberance with one flash of lightening. Love it, love it, love it! I love how it smells (the only smell that is in contention with Jason's shaving cream), I love how beautiful it makes the world look. I love the warm coolness of it.
Children really know how to experience life with no reservation, worry or concern for the past or for the future. I'm trying to learn that from them - to enjoy each moment to its fullest. For example, enjoying every drop of this mud puddle experience without thoughts of the laundry that will need to be done, the clothes that might be ruined, the baths that will need to be taken. There's a strange quote in my family. I'm not sure where it originated, but it applies well here: "Roll up your britches when you get to the creek" meaning, it doesn't need to be done before it's time to do it. We don't need to think about it until it's time to think about it. Difficult for people, like myself, who like everything planned out, mapped out, figured out, completed, accomplished, done.



8 comments:
Ha, that is disgusting but so much fun! How is their bath water not black!? It was so fun to play today, we *need* to get together again!!!
Great pictures! I love letting my boys get totally messy in the mud. So great. I tell Tayler he has to stay little forever. He inevitably says, "Mom, you can't stop me from getting bigger. I'm going to grow up." After I beg him some he'll say, "I would if I could mom but I have to get married."
Those were very cute pictures and very great words. It is great to see your posts again. I love your spirit and the reminders you always give. You are a great lady. By the way I love your slicky beautiful floor.
I love the one of McKinsey juming in the puddle with the splashes all around her....great shot.
They are too cute! It's fun to see what you guys are up to!
Looks like you guys are having lots of fun.. And I for one am happy to see more posts!! ; )
Love (or should I say LOVE-D) mud puddles! There really is nothing like getting dirty and not having to worry about the clean up! My favorite was collecting all the worms in the gutter after a good rain storm! :)
Jason and Amy,
What an adorable family you two have. Amy, you have a knack at taking pictures just like your mother. I have to admit I got a good laugh at seeing the pictures of your son playing in the mud. Good times! I am excited to finally get back home to my family after being away for military training for a while. Thanks for the comments and insight. I must admit I have stolen some of your ideas for some of our family activities, hope you don’t mind. Thanks for your Sunshine, or rain as the case may be and for giving some of the rest of us a glimpse into your “journal” to brighten our day.
Forrest
Post a Comment