I love that Ethan and Asher are so close in age, and it's getting more and more fun. Ethan is either extra sweet with Asher, or is trying to injure him. It's one extreme or the other. Yesterday he crouched down, peered into Asher's eyes and gently put his fists on Ashers lap. Then he rambled off some "dubadubaduba train?!", as he opened up all of his fingers to reveal his little blue Thomas train. I could have cried because although Ethan is good at sharing his other trains (with a little encouragement), he never gives up his "Nos". Are you kidding? He sleeps with it, kisses it, asks me to kiss it, tucks it in at night..... However, 5-10 minutes after sharing his prized possession, and with no warning, Ethan clocked Asher across the head with his big Thomas. He also loves to say "No, Ba-bay!" in quite the dramatic way.
Ethan has been escaping his room at night lately. It's hard to be serious because he always come down the hall with his "I'm-doing-something-naughty penquin-walk": shifting his weight back and forth between his straight legs - making slow progress towards us with a cautious, pouty-faced look that's just ready to break into a smile at any second. One night, I was watching t.v. and heard the most delighted giggle from Ethan. I looked down the hall and realized he had turned Asher's light on and was on his way into Asher's crib. Luckily I grabbed him before he landed right on Asher. Asher snoozed right through it all.
Recently Ethan was outside riding his tricycle and Asher crawled up to the window to watch him. After spotting Asher, Ethan came up to the window and they started matching their hands together. What buds!



1 comment:
I love how you think. Your insight shows the depth of your love and priorities. Just makes me so happy. What a wonderful Mom!
Post a Comment