Saturday, August 30, 2008

Letting Go

A grasshopper hunt and $1.92 in crickets later, we decided to let our frogs go search for their own food. It was disappointing that Croaky and Jerry didn't swipe up our offerings with lightening-speed tongues the way we had imagined. In fact, we never saw them eat anything. Ethan was pretty hesitant about making actual physical contact with the amphibians. McKenzie played with them, gave them one last kiss, and sent them on their way. I've decided this is the best way to have a pet: catch it from the wild, pet it, look at it, talk to it....and when the novelty wears of - set it free. No long-term commitment. I think next time we'll put on safari hats and chase down some lions.















6 comments:

Bruce said...

NO WAY!! I love the snow white kissing her prince! It was worth EVERY penny to keep those frogs contained just for that picture! :)

Kristin Wilkerson said...

So cute! Your kids are adorable. I really enjoyed your husbands lesson on Sunday too. You guys are great people!

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Amy, your pictures are sooooo good! I love the one with ethans shadow in the road and Kenzie on the side. ----and the one on the monkey bars. Actually, they all are fantastic. You are getting pretty dang good with that camera thing, I'd say.

-T

Rachel said...

Darling!!! I love her kissing the frog, that is so cute! Blow that one up for her bedroom wall, I can totally see that in her wedding video when she gets married. SO cute!

Julie said...

Maybe an ant farm?? They aren't kissable, but contained. By the way, is Kenzie wearing a cape? Adorable!