Sunday, August 17, 2008

The Best Day

This is how we celebrated the 24th of July. I accidently erased these pictures and had to take my memory card to Inkleys to get them recovered. I'm glad they're back because this represents one of my favorite days so far this summer.

We spent most of the day at the park. We watched the sand volleyball players...


until we couldn't wait to join them any longer.



Then off to the playground to climb...



and slide. Cute kids!


What's a party at the park without a snowcone? It's worth $2.00 to see smiles against bright rainbow-sugared ice.





We got a couple slices of pizza, which Ethan insisted on carrying very slowly for what seemed like 3 miles to a spot next to our friends. Then we watched for Jason's truck in the parade (full of students to advertise for his school).


It was during the above picture-taking session that McKenzie looked over into my eyes and said, "This is the best day!" I couldn't have agreed more.

We found Jason and I hoisted Ethan and McKenzie into the window to join him for the rest of the parade.


We met at his school. What a man! I love that he chose a career in education. I'm glad that when our kids are in highschool, he'll be in touch with what's going on in the world of teens.



We went home where McKenzie and Ethan watched a movie on the lovesac. Jason's parents were in town and would be over soon. Desperate times call for desperate measures. I rushed to the store to buy scrubbers so I could hurry home to scrub my toilets since I hadn't cleaned them in *gasp* 3 weeks! (I kept forgetting to buy the scrubbers - excuses, excuses). I got back to find Jason's parents already here. "Just stay away from the potties", I yelled while hurdling the couch with scrubber in hand (dramatization) Yeah, way to impress the in-laws. But, don't worry, Jason had already warned them. Phew! *panting* What a great team we make :) We chatted and relaxed then back to the park we went. It was fun to have Jason's parent's with us. Of course the kids enjoyed every second of the attention.



What's more fun: sliding down a huge slide, rock-climbing, or riding on Grandpa? You be the judge.











The cherry on the top of our day was going to Sue and Casey's house for baths, jammies, Monsters Inc., good company, and a delicious dinner!

4 comments:

Ashlie said...

What great memories! Love the flower picture. You really should cut yourself some slack in the perfection department because if you are not an amazing mother then the rest of us should give up now. ;)

At Home! said...

What a fun day! I love the smiles and the sunshine of summer. The photo of Grandpa Stanger swinging the children is so cute and brings back many memories. And the pizza box thing...AHHHHHH! Summer days and childhood ways...so wonderful!

Rachel said...

Oh! And that's what I missed that day!? That looks like a blast! How fun and your pictures are so cute!

Benedict said...

I am coming next year!!! You plan the fun and I'll show up! ;)

Your kids are too cute!