But first here he is, the man himself, trying to imitate those really cheesy bouquet poses. You know the ones. You've all seen them in your mothers' scrapbooks. (No offense to any mothers out there or to their wedding photographers. I love you all).
1. Jason is very thoughtful. He brings home flowers for me every few months - sometimes for no reason besides that he love me. He is romantic. He thinks of ways to make me happy. When we were dating and/or not dating he wrote poems about me. He started a book last year with his poems in the hopes of writing more for me....maybe when he's not so crazy busy! He usually starts planning my birthday and our special events (we have 3 per year) weeks in advance. He usually surprises me with something we can do together rather than with gifts - which I absolutely love. It takes more effort on his part than just buying me something I want, and it strengthens our relationship - which was why he decided to start that tradition in the first place. In fact, it seems that Mothers day and Fathers day are usually the only times we give eachother wrapped gifts of "things". Very very very thoughtful.
2. Jason makes me feel beautiful. He tells me I'm beautiful often. He tells the kids I'm beautiful and I catch him randomly telling other people that I'm beautiful. I may not be supermodel material. But, I feel like I am to him. In a world that is so centered on beauty and that makes it seem like there is only one type of beauty, I'm grateful that I can feel beautiful - as I am - to the one person in the world that it really matters to me what he thinks concerning it. (wow, that was the most awkwardly contructed sentence!) :)
3. Jason is amazing at what he does. He works very hard and excels. He has some start-up challenges in his job, with getting his school running smoothly (he's a principal). However, I have complete confidence that if anyone can do it - he can. Also, I admire that he wouldn't require anything of the teachers at his school that he wouldn't also require of himself. He has huge amounts of integrity. I love that about him.
4. It really matters to Jason that he is a good father and that he can have a strong relationship with each child. And he is an amazing father! He takes the time to explain things to McKenzie that she is wondering about. When he brings home flowers for me, he always gives one to McKenzie. He took McKenzie on a date last weekend to the movies. He said it was fun because they were the only ones in the theatre so he was able to answer all her questions.
5. Jason talks to me and sometimes sorts things out about his job with me. I love that. He'll invite me on a walk around our house while the kids are in bed and tells me all about what's going on at work. I love knowing what's happening in his world. It helps me understand my need to be supportive and patient while he spends a ton of time at work right now.
6. Jason is organized. I love that because he helps keep the clutter put away. He also indulges with me in my desire to dejunk. One of our favorite past-times is searching through our home for things to get rid of. I love it! Unfortunately, we are running out of things to junk so these moments are becoming fewer and further between. Maybe I should buy some random trashy items and hide them through the house to provide ourselves with a date one night......ooooh good idea! That would be fun!
7. Jason likes to play games with me and he'll play even after beating me in the game a million zillion times. Next time I'm sure I'll win...or the time after that.
8. Jason is optimistically practical. This is good for me because it helps me to go a little easier on myself and others. I tend to feel like I've gotta do something just right or I'm doomed to failure. Jason has some of the same tendencies that I do toward perfectionism and organization and achieving goals. However, he gives himself and others room to do better next time. He's not quite so strict about how you need to go about something or the time frame that it should take to get it done.......hard to explain.....hope that makes sense. Oh, here's a good example for ya. When McKenzie was a baby, there was a moment when I was overwhelmed and judgemental of my ability to be the amazing mother that I always thought would come natural to me. In his practical and kind way, he immediately brought perspective with "O.k., you've only been a mother for 2 weeks. Let's not panic at least until the six week mark!" I'm glad I have him in my life to put the world back in it's place when I think it has turned upside-down. He's such a breath of fresh air during my episodes of "too serious". And, see, now look at the fabulous, amazing, wonderful, mother I have become! ..... right? Right?
*sound of crickets*
So....moving right along to number 9...
9. Jason is such a good time. When we were single, he and his roommates would plan parties - organizing unique fun things to do and invite a bunch of people over. They weren't just hanging out all the time. They put forth effort to make things fun. He still does that. I'm excited for when his school gets running smoothly and we will have more time to spend with people in our neighborhood. It's fun getting together with a group of different personalities to just goof off. It's fun to see Jason in these different settings as well - it feels like we're dating again.
10. Finally, Jason has a testimony of the gospel. He desires to have more time to study and ponder the scriptures and reflect on......whatever it is he wants to reflect on. He helps me achieve family home evening success most weeks and scripture reading with our kids most days (thanks to my panic attack a few weeks ago - see, it's not all bad. It can produce results!) :)
I love you, my LoverMost! You are the greatest! I'm glad I get to spend eternity with you!
Jason showing McKenzie our wedding pictures.



7 comments:
Happy Happy Anniversary! You two are marvelous! What a blessing to know and love you both so much. What blessed children you have to have been born into your family. You bring us great JOY! I laughed and got a bit teary too when I read this blog. What gratitude you have for details and what fun to peek into your world. Love it!
Congrats on 6 years! Being married is the best even with a few pit stops. : )
Congrats guys!! I remember when josh, trav and I came to visit you and we ment jason for the first time. Love you guys!!!
Is Jason making fun of me in these pictures? I mean really brother-man! :) I too can't wait to see you this weekend! Hurray-Hurrah!
You married one funny guy! I like him! I'm super glad he posed for all those pictures! :)
P.S. I'm really glad that I could call you on your anniversary! :) It was nice to talk to you! I get to see you in a few days!!!
For some reason my blog feed doesn't always let me know when something is posted so I'm a little behind, but this is the most adorable post ever. Congratulations to both of you!
Post a Comment