Sunday, May 4, 2008

Wheeler farm

Jason was at work until 10 p.m. last Friday for a school film festival. We absolutely needed an escape from our routine so I took the kids to Wheeler Farm. It was more fun for them and more relaxing for me than I even expected. I love experiencing things through the eyes of a child! I know, I know, I'm a camera freak. But, can you really freeze time enough when your kids are at these cute little chubby-faced, full-of-wonder, ages? I can't imagine this stage ending. I'll cry.





I think Ethan is actually saying "moo" here. We'll have to work on that.



McKenzie and Ethan were excited about this rooster that had wandered out of it's pen. McKenzie went to touch it first, not quite sure whether she would be in trouble or not. However, upon contact with the animal her excitement immediately outweighed her fear of punishment as she exclaimed, "I touched it! I really really did!"


Poor turkeys - they don't get any respect!

Ethan, the Bird Whisperer




The sheep were a definite favorite. This baby lamb licked Ethan's finger and he couldn't have been more pleased.
They couldn't take it all in fast enough.

If you have a cute picture that is a little out of focus.....make it black and white. It helps - a little.


Asher was just happy to be there. Notice his cute little helmet. The back of his head is flat so we're helping it out. One thing I didn't expect with the whole helmet thing is that Ethan is jealous. Can you blame him? It has cars and helicopters on it. We couldn't satisfy Ethan with a regular hat so Jason tried to find a football helmet for him, to no avail. Does anyone know where you can get a football helmet for a 2-year-old?
Needless to say, we enjoyed every magical moment at the farm.....(*the sound of rewinding to an abrubt screeching haunting halt*) well, every moment except for that one couple of non-magical seconds by the pigs. This is as close as McKenzie and Ethan would get to stinky things before retreating into a less polluted animal kingdom. Poor pigs.

6 comments:

Rachel said...

Your kids are so cute! We love Wheeler Farm. Danny and I used to live 2 blocks from there and would go there often. Good memories!

simplycreating said...

I love all your pictures. What a perfect day, and what a brave woman to take them all by yourself. More power to ya sista. My favorite is of Ethan after the lamb licked his finger.

jaredelizabeth said...

You got some great shots of the kids. I especially like the one of Ethan after the sheep licked his finger....priceless!

Julie said...

well captured memories - can't wait to see you guys in a couple of months

elonna said...

How fun! What a great idea!

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Cutest pictures!! I love the ones of Ethan chasing the birds the most, (I think cuz it brings out those child impulses in ya to run with the wind or something!)