So I was having a bad night just feeling like a terrible mom (haven't been the most patient pregnant lady at times) and was letting out all my emotions about how I'm a failure as a parent along with anything else I could think of to dig up and load on there to help celebrate a good rock-solid pity party (as long as I was having one) to poor innocent Jason and then the next morning I picked my parents up 12 hours too early at the airport. I discovered this after waiting for 1/2 hour - during which McKenzie announced that she was "too little" to go to the airport - then parking and getting both kids out of the car and going into the airport to find a payphone to call Jason in my most uncomfy shoes while trying to hold Ethan who was leaning his whole body weight to get out of my one arm, while my other arm was desperately trying to help Kenzie onto the escalator so we could retrieve one of my aforementioned shoes that had already made it's way down. (Lesson learned: help your don't-have-much-experience-with-moving-staircases child onto the escalator before you help yourself on so you're not running back upriver with a fat belly, lopsided body due to only one uncomfy shoe now, and a wiggly boy in arms). Anyway.......the bad part is that this happens all too often with me - going to the wrong place at the right time. Or the right place at the wrong time. Or the wrong place at the wrong time with the wrong person, wearing the wrong outfit, bearing the wrong kind of a gift, with the wrong .....o.k. enough with the ever so slight exaggeration. So.....embarrassed to face Jason after yet another failed attempt to be where I should have been at the time I should have been there, I was slightly relieved to see that he was gone when we got home. I figured he'd be home soon, give me a bad time, get his kicks, and then life would roll along just as smoothly as usual (or at least until my next failed attempt). When Jason got back, he had roses, a card and some sticky notes (to write down where I needed to be and when).


"Some spring in your step, some sky in your blue,
some good in your mood being wished for you!"
"Here's to a new day, and a new you!"

The card plays the music "I'm feelin' good from my head to my shoes, know where I'm going and I know what to do...............I gotta new attitude! Ooh Oh oh ooooooh!"
We all danced around the kitchen and then McKenzie carried the card around for a couple of days to provide random jammin' sessions in the middle of whatever we happened to be doing: watching a movie......sliding down the slide........playing in the water.....ya know. I mean, is there every really a bad time to bust a move with a new attitude?
Well.......Just a sample of how thoughtful Jason is. What a man!
4 comments:
Love it! Jason you really are a good guy! I especially like how you write Amy. I should tell you what I want on my blog and let you go at it for me! :) Love you!
Oh the memories this brought back! Life is busy and hectic with little ones. Especially if you leave the house! But somehow when you look at them and they are asleep, the world is all right again.
Here's to you and your new life! Good luck and call me when the music stops, and you think now what? I love you, your awesome!
What a great guy... and what a creative card. I am so glad I am not the only one that looks like a fool when I go out in public. It seems like I always have something going wrong when I am out! :)
Post a Comment