Jason and I experienced as much of L.A. as we could fit in. I loved going to the beaches! Santa Monica Pier was beautiful with the shops, ferris wheel, wind and waves. I loved the Huntington Beach Pier. Watching the surfers and sand volleyball players made me want to live the life of a beach bum.
Jason finding seashells for McKenzie. How sweet!
I had Jason turn around and go back to this spot when I saw it a little off the road. How beautiful! It's fun to think how different people live. These houses are so close to eachother but the people livng here have easy access to the Ocean with their boats. It made me wonder if we have the lifestyle we have because we have always had it - or is it the one we would choose out of all of them? I need to start studying up on all the kinds of ways to live so I can make a good educated decision. :)
The following pictures are from the Getty Art Museum. It was Beautiful! We enjoyed the architecture and gardens more than the exibits. How awesome! We decided we want the Getty in our backyard.
Of course one of the perks of vacationing is eating out a lot :) Yum! So here is a random picture of us at our favorite - The Olive Garden. Jason a little embarrassed that I ask our server to take a picture. But, hey, he got a tip right? And I loved the walls and window.
It was interesting to take a tour of Sony Studios and see how non-glamourous the actual work of making a movie is. Much of the time spent on movies is in big warehouses. The sets look awesome, but other than that you might as well be at Sam's Club for 14 hours/day. We also went to the late late show with Craig Ferguson. I wouldn't recommend watching him - pretty crude. But it was fun to see how the show worked. They put a number on you when you get there according to how you look. As they were sending the crowd to a certain area of the studio, they picked Jason and I out and put us on the front row. We were pretty pleased with ourselves. Of course they tell you to laugh out loud whenever there's a joke and really make you feel like you better or else! At a certain point I thought "What are they going to do to me if I don't laugh, I mean really!" And, like Trav said, "If they want you to laugh, they should say something funny" :) So I chuckled at the few funny things but mostly let them decide whether they wanted to film my non-laughter or not when it came to the crude stuff. That probably broke all of my bridges in the industry. I guess I'll kiss my television debut good-bye and accept the dead end that has become my road to fame and fortune. Ah well. I've always kind of enjoyed anonymity Anyway.....so back to the Sony Studio pictures.
A little paparazzi photo of my favorite star. What a hotty!
Finally we went to Hollywood to see the Stars and handprints at the Chinese Mann's Theatre.
Why Ryan? I have no idea. Why don't you ask Jason and Trav who threw me down there on his star?
Travis and Lindsey - the ultimate tour guides
Who doesn't need a little Spidey shot?
Finally, a paparazzi shot of my favorite Hollywood couple
Thanks again to Hasslers Inc. who sponsored our trip. Elisa and Bruce had 7 kids ages barely 7 and under for 4 days! Our kids fill in the age gaps between their kids just perfectly. Elisa and Bruce were amazing. On the way home McKenzie said "When are we going back to Heidi's house?" They had a great time. I can't thank you guys enough. You better let us return the favor :)



15 comments:
That is awesome! I'm so jealous.
Sorry that was me. I didn't notice I was logged in under Clint. :)
What a fun trip! You have inspired me to plan a vacation with my darling husband. Sounds like you had a great time. I spent a day at the Getti several years ago. I'm not much of an art person...but was still impressed. I am like you and loved the gardens and view.
Wow, wow and wow. Looks like so much fun. I can't even imagine a grown-ups only vacation.....ahhhhh someday. I'm glad you were able to go and had such great tour guides!
Your pictures are awesome!! (I didn't get to see your getty ones before you left) It was sooo much fun having you guys here!!! It just went by way too quick!! And we are going to hold you to coming back next summer!!!!
What an AMAZING trip! It looks like you two had a wonderful time! HOW FUN!!! When I visit you sometime I want to see more of your pictures! They are awesome! -Tiffany
You have got some photography skills sister!! :) I am glad you had so much fun. You look super cute at the Olive Garden, no wonder they picked you for the front row! ;)
That's so awesome! You guys totally deserved that great get-a-way! Thanks for posting it!
Looks like you had lots of fun. What a funthing to do. It is always great when you get to see family too.
So fun! You guys must live close to Elisa. I bet it's fun to live close to family.
What a fun trip! It's so cool that you guys celebrate the day you met. I wish I remembered the date Brian and I met so I could celebrate it! Maybe I'll make one up. By the way, you look amazing! Mom of three? You'd never guess! You're beautiful Amy!
Great Photos - Great Trip - Happy Birthday - Come to Northern California next - :)
What a great time. I loved all your pictures. It looks like you guys had a blast, and saw a lot in 4 days. Let's talk about taking a vacation together someday!
Wow, what an awesome trip! Amy, you are looking so amazing in those photos...did you have any paparazzi following you around? :) So fun to catch up on your fun life.
Melissa
Thou shalt not covet...so I had better run and repent.
Post a Comment