I watch my friend's children every other Wednesday. She watches mine the other Wednesdays. This means we each get 2 1/2 hours 2 times a month to run errands or do whatever we want. Nice. We are also swapping kids every other weekend for dates. This means Jason and I get a date twice a month. Wonderful. And all of our children see eachother twice a week. Awesome. They love being together (at least I can speak for McKenzie). It works out great because they are all the same ages (within a few months) and they generally play really well together. It also works out great because they are all the opposite gender from the coordinating child that is the same age. I can see three arranged marriages in our future so we don't have to worry about that anymore. Phew! No, but really, how fun to have good friends! (I can't speak for Asher. He doesn't seem so sure in the following picture).
Sliding down the stairs. On your mark, get set, go! (the tape is because I'm getting ready to paint - not a permanent fixture). By the way, have you ever tried "sliding" down the stairs as an adult? It really hurts. In fact, it's not really sliding at all. It's "bump, bump, bump" all the way down. I know, should have known. It was just so much fun as a child. How does it not hurt their bumpers?

And of course, like with any good friends, these kids go WAY back - at least since last summer.
This makes me so excited for summer! We were snowed in today. Church was canceled. The snow was out of control. I saw our neighbors across the street pull out of their driveway and get stuck right at the bottom.
4 comments:
First of all. . . is that REALLY Asher? He is getting to be a chunk. He can't really be that big already. We don't see each other enough, SAD. This snow better stop so I can plan a trip.
I love that you tried going down the stairs. :) I giggle just thinking about it. Hailey is in the Jump Club at school, so Bruce and I were trying to jump rope with her. Let's just say jump roping isin't as easy as it used to be! :)
That is the best! I love swapping with friends for date nights or even just a moment to relax alone. I'm glad you get that!! You deserve it Amy!!
ahhh green grass and good friends...what more do we need....can't wait for summer! I'm glad you have such great friends and an even better arrangement. good for you.
What fun for everyone!! Don't you just love win-win situations?! Which I could live close so we could swap although I think I would be getting the better end of the deal... Max and Lulu are crazy! ; )
Post a Comment