I love my wife - she is an amazing woman. Ironically, however - unbeknownst to each other, at the very same time she was making her most recent post (extolling the benefits of a TV-less society), I was packing the TV from the basement to its former location in the family room. 'Why?' you may ask - well, I'll tell you why:
I got tired of winning at board games, my facial muscles are not in good shape for that amount of conversation, and being called "Mama" by Ethan even more than before (because he didn't spend as much "quiet time" in front of the T.V.) was a bit disconcerting.
(Also, I'm a news junky and on some occasions like a good football game.)
Saturday, December 1, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



6 comments:
Okay, so I'm glad the TV made it back up . . . if only just for "football" I was starting to feel a little guilty.
p.s. I concur - your wife is amazing.
I'm sorry that Ethan is calling you Mama. It reminds me of the brief stint you had teaching kindergarten or pre-school or whatever it was, and the kids were calling you "Miss Jason."
Well I guess moderation in all things would apply to this situation. I admired the tv free society, but I had wondered what you do for the news, because I'm a news junkie to.
Oh and I also agree Amy is an amazing woman!!!
So funny. Bruce has been looking into putting a satellite in our roof. Last night was the first time that I wished we had T.V. Yep, we missed the First Presidency Christmas Devotional. Sad day.
Amy is A+ :)
Ok, once again they need spell check on these things, I messed up twice!
I for one am sorry that you have the TV back. I know how much Amy wanted to have movies only and not the worlds trash! It makes it so much easier to raise kids without facing the issue everyday. Could you perhaps subscribe to the newspaper instead? Yes, I am being opinionated. This is a painfully current issue with me. I do understand where you are coming from. It is addicting! But that said, doesn't it say enough? Oh well, I at least respect her for not being a dictator and forcing the issue!
You guys still rock!
Post a Comment