Tuesday, October 9, 2007

Highlights from Asher's Second Week

You know how babies should gain their birth weight back by the second week? Asher surpassed his birthweight by a wopping 1 lb and 3 oz. He also gained 1 3/4 inches. Maybe he is getting big already! Slow down, boy! Although I do love little Chunks O' Love that like to eat. Isn't he the cutest?


Asher's second bath


Our first trip out on the town together - just me and the kids. After over a week of hardly seeing the sun, I really felt the need to get out of the house for awhile. Place of choice: Target - where you can get popcorn and a drink for $1.08. It creates a movie/amusement park-type ambience for the kids and buys you time to stroll the aisles at your leasure. McKenzie and Ethan were pretty good. Asher slept the whole time. The only mishap - the spilling of popcorn right at the start - two big piles on the floor. Oops!




Yep, this picture pretty much confirms that I looked as tired as I felt.


Dressing ourselves. I like to call this "Michael Jackson meets Strawberry Shortcake" She was pretty proud of the ensemble.


Taking notes at conference


Praying together. Ethan demands to get out of his crib for prayer time and kneels right next to McKenzie. One time he didn't get right next to her and she put her arm around him and helped him scoot next to her - he eagerly complied. If it's time to pray, he is right there with hands clasped ready to go. Right after the prayer, he crawls onto McKenzie's bed and then onto the headboard and jumps off. But not a second sooner than "Amen". He's so cute with prayers.


Last but not least - Making cookies! And the best part of making cookies, is of course........





















drum roll please......





















16 comments:

Bruce said...

You and your amazing road trips with all three and one being younger than 2 weeks! As Hailey would say "Honestly Sister". :)

I love all the pictures. Was your conference weekends really that mild? Maybe I should come and take notes. It sounded like we had a circus at our house, all weekend. I guess those littles packets didn't work for my girls after all!

The last picture of Ethan Bud eating the cookie dough is perfect! I love it! :)

Love ya!

Bruce said...

P.S. The first picture of Asher is the cutest yet (and that is saying a lot). He does look like Ethan in that one! Cute Boy!

Jake and Annika said...

Love the last picture! Hilarious! Three kids sure makes for a full grocery cart! Way to go - going out on the town so quickly!

Elg Family said...

Okay that is way to cute! I want to come play house! Now...slow up a little! You know...when Grandma Parke had her babies they kept them in bed for 10 days! Grandma Craner said that they just about had to teach them to walk again! Wow we have come a long way....hmmm...maybe when your kids have babies they will just go to a drive thru birthing center! One delux baby TO GO!tee hee
loves you and I'm so happy for you!
loves,
Auntie Veanne

simplycreating said...

Amy I'm with Hailey Honestly Sister. I still get shaky taking all three kids to the store and Weston is 3.

Wonder Woman on the go, you are making cookies, cleaning, shopping, and having a perfect family moment during conference. I need to take lessons. Love ya.

Julie said...

Three kids in the cart is a good technique for sticking to your budget - it leaves no room for any purchases - target can be a DANGEROUS place.

ps. got Ashers birth announcement in the mail yesterday - ADORABLE - did you make these? If so - you've found your calling.

xoxoxo

Julie said...

p.s.s. if you did make them - could you make some announcing Sage's birth? I know she's nearly 1 now, but her being born around the holidays I somehow let that one slip through the cracks. No rush - just in your "spare" time.

thanks :)

Amy said...

Julie,
My cousin, Heather, made the announcements for me (she's the one that commented right before you) :) Sweet, huh? I've never made a card before so I love that she offered. She made Ethan's too. She does a fabulous job! I'm sure she'd be willing to make Sage's birth announcement along with a stack for each of your future children and grandchildren no matter how old they happen to be when you make the request. I don't see anything wrong with a 5-year-old "birth" announcement. Hmmmm....in fact, in that case, why not make them all early and send them out with an approximate date of when you think they'll be born. You could get them all done in one whammy! Nice idea! P.S., how do you reply to people's comments the way you do through e-mail? P.S.S. Just kidding about offering my cousin's card-making skills. Go find your own talented card-maing cousin! :)

Bruce said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
Bruce said...

Ok, you know I am a blogspot nerd when I come back to look at the comments of others on a post I have already commented on.

I just had to say, Amy you are hilarious!

Julie (if you are a blogspot nerd like me and reading this) I think you are funny too. In fact I guess you could say that I am also a Blogspot Snooper and yes your blogspot is one that I frequent. It all started with your Power Tools post. HILARIOUS! Anyways, if you could just give me permission to add you to my contacts that would be FanDandy of you! Then I wouldn't have to feel like I am snooping, because you'd be on my "Family and Friends" list! What do ya say Sis!! :)

Bruce said...

P.S. Yes I am the one that deleted a comment. When I read it over I just didn't feel like it was the quality I was looking for! So sorry I cluttered up your blog. I will think harder before I publish my comment next time! HA!

elonna said...

You crack me up! I love reading your blog cause I am alost always going to laugh. You are so funny. I am glad you were able to venture out of the house finally. That is always and accomplishment with three. I love it!

Ashley said...

So, Asher's second week has lasted over a month now! :) I hope you are all having a wonderful Sunday and hope you have a great week!

e.brooke said...

I love you!

e.brooke said...

I didn't realize that I could be labeled as "Comment Deleted" If I was a bit too inappropriate! I guess that I will have to be careful in the future! I hope Ethan saves a cookie dough coated mixer tool for me!

e.brooke said...

Oh, Sorry! I get it now! She deleted herself!? Aaaahhhh!
So how do you do that?