Wednesday, October 3, 2007

Cookies, Cleaning, and Cute Decorating Kids....ur..something

Here's something random. I gave a cookie to McKenzie and she ate all but a bite-sized piece and informed me that she was saving the rest on the counter for later. The next couple of days I asked her if she wanted her cookie (hoping to clean off the counter). She didn't yet. On day three I asked her and she said "yes". "Oh good", I thought. She took a tiny nibble of it and again told me she was going to save the rest for later. I think she took another nibble another time as I stood there in amazement that she could get 2 nibbles out of that and still have some left. Finally after probably 5-ish days she ate it after I asked her if she wanted to eat it or if she wanted me to give it to Ethan. Wow, this girl definitely does not take after her Momma in this department! I guess she'd be more like Jason who amazes me by eating one cookie every couple of days when I make a batch! Are these people crazy? Ethan, on the other hand is my junkie buddy. At least I have someone to party with.

Another something random.......as I was walking through the house in a zombie-state after Asher didn't have the best night of sleeping, I noticed a perfect little greesy hand print on the window. In an attempt to keep myself moving and halfway alert, I grabbed the windex and a cloth and went to work. McKenzie thought it looked like fun. I got her a cloth and she enjoyed washing the windows for quite awhile - with Ethan's help after he realized what he was missing. Nice! Time to catch a few winks - or take pictures, at least.



O.k., last but not least, up by popular demand (or at least in response to one popular, yet demanding person) more pictures of Asher as to not hog him all to ourselves.
Love you, Julie! :)


Asher looks so big in the pictures with Ethan. I almost didn't want to post them as to not misrepresent his size. Then I realized it's just that Ethan is still pretty small :) The fun of having them so close in age - Love it! I'm excited for when they're about the same size and can create havoc together. On the other hand, I'd like Asher to stay tiny - smaller than he looks in this picture.

One morning McKenzie decided to "decorate" Asher. So Here's an Asher Blanket Cake with a Kenzie on top (not to mention the shirt thrown in the middle).

9 comments:

Rachel said...

Love the cookie. I am amazed at your commitment to keep it on the counter. It would have been swept off 20 minutes later either to the garbage by me or into the mouth by Eliza. The pictures are so cute of the kids together. You will have tons of fun with Ethan and Asher being so close!

Bruce said...

3 Things:

1st of all: when you said that Mckenzie had a little bit of a cookie I wasn't picturing a stamp size morsel! :) Funny Girl.

2nd: I can't believe you are worried about a dirty window and Asher is less than 2 weeks old! Slow down for the sakes of us who have an 8 month old and still aren't worrying about their windows (OH. . .wait am I the only one.. ? Oops, I guess I am off to clean my windows! :)

3rd: I can't wait for your Camera Fund Jar to be full, those pictures of Kenzie and Ethan with Asher are so cute.

P.S. For anyone reading my Book of a Commment, Amy has a Camera Fund Jar where she collects loose change in hopes of getting a nice camera someday. So if you got some I'm sure she'd LOVE it sent her way!! <---- (Don't worry I am here for you Amy. . . wink wink)

jaredelizabeth said...

You have BEAUTIFUL kids. It makes me want to get on the ball and have #3. You are so brave to have them so close...what fun!

Julie said...

thank you for "SHARING" him :)

. . . and as a reward - that will earn you 25 cents for your camera fund jar

Luvs!
J.

Jake and Annika said...

I love reading your blog, Amy! I've been wondering when we'd get to see Asher again so thanks for sharing!

Lindsey Ricks Benedict said...

Kenzie has such a fun little personality, and what self mastery! ;) At my house if it is chocolate, it is non existent, and there is only two/three of us...and Max will die if he eats chocolate and Trav doesn't really like treats..so that pretty much narrows it down. And Asher is adorable, CANT wait to hug on him during Christmas!!

elonna said...

Asher is so cute! I love the pictures of the kids holding him. It is so fun for them to want to be big and hold the baby. It looks like you have new couches (or aleast since I was there... which was forever ago!) I really like them.

simplycreating said...

It was great to see more pictures of Asher, Mackenzie and her self mastery, maybe you should let her live a little, and Ethan being the big brother.

I totally agree with Elisa, cleaning windows, girlfriend seriously, take a nap for me whose baby is 3 and doesn't nap anymore. I love you.

Rachel said...

Mmm...can I hire Kenzie and Ethan to come clean my windows? :) Haha! I love them Amy, your kids are dolls!!!