O.k., if you haven't read Brooke's Mary Kay blog than you need to because it's hilarious and will bring happiness to your heart. Maybe you have to know Brooke to get the full joyful chuckle. Seriously.... if there's anyone that doesn't need make-up to live a fulfilled life, it's Brooke. Talk about packing your days full of hard work - on things that actually do bring fullfillment! I have to laugh that the Mary Kay Consultant told her that make-up brings self-esteem. She did not know who she was dealing with here - a girl that has a multitude of talents and spends her days using them without any need for the approval of others (although she's got mine!). Also, it brings back memories of my conversation with Brooke about her high school years and the year that her friend tried to "help" her out. Brooke was a very stylish girl that year - the right clothes, the right look and then upon discovering how different people started to treat her, decided to go back to her "own" style - a style that brought her contentment and happiness - and that actually allowed people to get to know her to appreciate her, heaven forbid! (You'd have to hear the story from her. I was rolling on the floor - she is so funny! Also ask her about her junior high clothing ensembles). I love that girl! She is who she is and you can take it or leave it - and if you leave it, you are definitely missing out. Being around her makes you realize how ridiculous the pursuit to fit in and be in style can really be. She is a big breath of fresh air in a society that tries to brainwash us into thinking that there is only a limited and specific amount of air we should breath. While some girls are spending massive amounts of time and money on their "self-esteem" by getting their hair highlighted, their nails done, shopping for the right clothes, tanning, whitening their teeth, putting their make-up on, ratting their hair just so, and breathing quick, heavy, shallow breaths while charging to the next appointment, Brooke is sitting on her porch taking in massive amounts of that fresh yummy country air while looking over a huge garden, a bunch of well-taken-care-of animals in home-made animal habitats, rows of home-canned jars, and happy hard-working kids playing in the mud. I want to be more like her. Some day I am going to be a full-on country girl. Thanks for a great blog, Brooke. Aaaaah, the joys of just being able to let your hair down and have a good chuckle! I think you're awesome.
With that said, go to my "Sister Brooke's family" blog link to the right and scroll down to the Mary Kay blog. Love it! A+++, 5 stars, 4 thumbs up.
Friday, August 31, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



3 comments:
I Love You Amelia!!!! That is the nicest thing to write about someone and you chose to write it about me!!! Ha Ha!! You are toooooo kind! But....oky doky!
Love, Brooke
P.S. Anytime you need your hair "let down" just ask Greg for photos of our family's trip to Mount Rushmore! Talk about a hair let-down!!!
You are cute, Brooke is funny, and I like to read. Aren't we a well rounded family! :)
I definetly think Brooke wins the good "self esteem" (self confidence) award! :) She is amazing!
Amy I'm so glad I got to grow up in your life. You are awesome, and so is Brooke. I've heard her stories about clothing and loved every minute of it. What a great example you both are, love ya.
Post a Comment