Sunday, August 12, 2007

5 Weeks and Counting

O.k., I'm way behind on my blogging. Why? Well, with 5 weeks until Asher is due, I've developed adult ADD. This is taking a lot of determination to sit here for more than 10 minutes to look through pictures and think of something interesting to say to captivate my readers when all that consumes my thoughts is - "gotta have this baby ... can't wait to have lung capacity again so I can walk up the stairs without collapsing with a water bottle on stair number 5 ... what can I do with my kids all day that requires no physical movement on my part and that also doesn't require watching a Berenstain Bear episode for the 5th time (as much as I love the show) ... gotta have this baby ... WHAT can I do to have this baby? Absolutely nothing. O.k., I'll paint a wall ... Man, it'll be nice to have more than two options for shirts that can cover this gargantuan belly and more than two options for pants that can cover this ever so perfectly porportionated bum (wouldn't be so bad if they were interchangeable. But how many shirts can you really find to go with bright red velour 'Santa pants' - as Jason so lovingly calls them. Yes, I've definitely reached the stage of "Comfort over Style". Ya know, it's listed in all those pregancy guide books somewhere between month 8 and 9 - or should be). Hmmmmm.......twiddle my thumbs........look around the room.......give Ethan another fishy cracker......develop an impatient twitch....eat a handful of fishy crackers myself - along with anything I can find that has sugar in it.....oh ya, I rid our house of sugar to help my pregnant-induced sugar-addicted self out...........what a lame idea.....there's gotta be something in this pantry (as I frantically rummage through boxes, cans ... bags flying everywhere).....Honey! Perfect! This will do for now as I take a mental note to add 'a tremendous bag of candy' to my previously sensible shopping list (if I ever muster up the courage to venture out of the house in August as a very pregnant Mrs. Clause)......now what?.......crawl under a blanket with McKenzie and wait for Ethan to find us with delight - until, to McKenzie's dissapointment, I must come up for air (I can hold my breath underwater without plugging my nose for 12 seconds. But that's another issue). Eat something with more sugar in it - cereal is a great healthyish option (this sugar addiction may have something to do with my ADD?)....better take some prenatal vitamins with that......How many more hours left 'til bedtime? Might as well drive to IKEA and get lost in the maze. Only took 2 hours? I was shooting for 5 weeks! Ah well, we've accomplished quite a bit today. How many more minutes 'til Asher is due?"

Yes, bless my heart...and the hearts of each of my poor little children.

I actually do have some fun pictures and I'll try to snap out of it long enough to makes some posts soon. Just hang in there (or so I keep telling myself).

6 comments:

Bruce said...

You just make me laugh every time I read a post. The "sells her pokey man cards for over $100 ebay lady"'s got nothing on you! :)

You should start selling things on ebay, hmmmm, maybe your red Mrs. Santa pants with this description. :) Then you could have all sorts of emails from fans, that would help pass the time!! :) Love ya!

Julie said...

Oh sweet Mrs. Clause - no pictures necessary - you painted the picture perfectly. I'll be counting down with you. I have a feeling it will go a lot quicker for me though. Hang in there girl - if nothing else the sugar and your cheery disposition will sustain you! Love you!!

Hilary said...

You are hilarious. I cracked up reading this! Good luck with the last 5 weeks.

Jake and Annika said...

I laughed and laughed, read this to Jake, then laughed and laughed some more.

simplycreating said...

Amy I would have laughed really hard at this if it didn't bring back so many memories. Good luck, I'm counting down the days with you! Love ya.

elonna said...

You are so funny. I think it is great that you can find humor in the last five weeks of pregnancy. You are atleast keeping me smiling!